Attorney at Law
David has over fifteen years of experience with court and jury trials in both state and federal courts. He counsels clients involved in litigation and business matters, including alcohol beverage licensing. David also provides estate planning services, trusts and probate, and has experience lobbying before the Idaho legislature.
- Civil Litigation & Appeals
- Natural Resources & Public Lands
- Real Property
- Governmental Affairs, Legislation & Lobbying
- Estate Planning, Trusts & Probates
- Fish & Game Violations
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law (2002), cum laude
- Recipient of Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy Law (2002)
- Member of Willamette Law Review (2000-2002), serving as Symposium Editor (2001-2002)
- Member of Federalist Society (1999-2002), serving as Vice President (2000-2001)
- Secretary of Student Bar Association (2001-2002)
- B.A., Boise State University (1999), Major in Political Science emphasis on Public Administration, Minor in Economics
- Idaho State and Federal (2002)
- U.S. Dist. Colorado (2007)
- U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (2009)
- Washington State and Federal (2012)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2015)
- comment, The Perils of the Capper-Volstead Act and its Judicial Treatment: Agricultural Cooperation and Integrated Farming Operations, 38 Willamette Law Review 263 (2002).
- State Place of Origin Labeling Requirements for Agricultural Products, Agricultural Law Update 1 (April 2002).
- City of Challis v. Consent of the Governed Caucus, 159 Idaho 398 (2015).
- Coalition for Agriculture’s Future v. Canyon County, 160 Idaho 142 (2016).
Professional & Civic Activities
- Active in Idaho State ATV Association (serving as President)
- Active in Idaho Recreation Council
- Serves on the Southwest Idaho Resource Advisory Committee of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Leadership Idaho Agriculture, Class of 2017 (Lifetime Member)
- Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies
David is married with four children and is a member of the Holy Apostles Catholic Parish and Knights of Columbus. When he is not practicing law, David enjoys recreating in Idaho’s outdoors.