Attorney at Law
Dan has over twenty-five years of experience in water rights, water quality, flood management, public and local land use, grazing rights, mining, agricultural, and environmental law. Dan’s practice includes representing a variety of clients and entities in judicial and administrative proceedings at the local, state and federal levels. He also has extensive experience crafting and presenting legislation to the Idaho legislature, and working collaboratively with diverse interest groups to develop innovative and effective solutions to Idaho’s natural resource challenges.
- Water Rights
- Water Quality
- Flood Management
- Public Land Use
- Local Land Use
- Grazing Rights
- Agricultural Law
- Environmental Law
- Treasure Valley Water Users Association Water Statesman Award (2019)
- J.D., University of Colorado (1990)
- B.A., St. Olaf College (1983)
- Admitted to practice law in Idaho (1991)
- Admitted to practice before all Idaho Courts
- Numerous presentations from the 1990’s to present regarding water rights, water quality, flood management regulatory reform and other natural resource topics for seminars, symposiums and other events sponsored by the Idaho Water Users Association, Treasure Valley Water Users Association, Idaho Soil Conservation Commission, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Idaho Environmental Forum, multiple agricultural associations, and other entities.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Director, Lower Boise Watershed Council (Agricultural Stakeholder Representative)
When Dan is not practicing law, he enjoys playing golf and tennis, inline speed skating, skiing, rugby administration and coaching, and spending time with his family.